Welcome to the Mekong Network Vietnam section. Links to Internet resources pertaining to Vietnam and the Vietnam Wars are listed below. A few recommended books are also listed.
- Texas Tech University Vietnam Project
A fascinating collection of archival material on Vietnam and Indochina in general. Be sure to check out the Virtual Vietnam Archive. Not all of the material is indexed, but that almost makes the site more fun: it's fun to browse through the collection, never knowing quite where you'll wind up.
- CIA World Factbook: Vietnam
An excellent reference for general statistical information about Vietnam.
- Vets with a Mission
Elegant and interesting... a lots of info on Vietnam and Vietnamese history.
- Vietnam Resource Center
Links and general info on Vietnam.
- Vietnam War Internet Links
A good collection of links to online resources dealing mainly with the American war in Vietnam.
- The Bangkok Post
An excellent newspaper, arguably the best in Southeast Asia.
- The Bangkok Nation
Another excellent Thai newspaper.
This fine magazine has ceased publication, but the archive of back issues is fully searchable online.
- Far Eastern Economic Review
An outstanding publication. Essential reading for those interested in Asia.
- Monash University Asian Studies Research Library
Resources for scholars interested in Southeast Asia.
The web site of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
- Lonely Planet Vietnam Worldguide
The online version of the budget traveller's best resource. Backpackers of the world, unite!
- Vietnam: A History by Stanley Karnow
- Decent Interval by Frank Snepp
- The Cat From Hue by John Laurence
- A Viet Cong Memoir by Truong Nhu Tang
- In the Jaws of History by Bui Diem, with David Chanoff
- A Rumor of War by Philip Caputo
- Dear America: Letters Home From Vietnam edited by Bernard Edelman
- Street Without Joy by Bernard Fall